The 4 pillars of life
The life journey is the path of self-discovery, self-improvement, and life enhancement.
In this journey, one may do many activities. It can be anything from walking, reading to working or sleeping. All these activities (and more) are part of the life journey. They are life. After all, life is all around.
It is possible to group these activities in four different areas. I call them the 4 pillars of the life journey:
- The first and most fundamental pillar is the spiritual pillar. This is the base of being human and concerns areas such as self awareness and self improvement.
- The second pillar is the thinking pillar. Our mental faculty has long been cultivated in this society and has been the main focus in our educational system.
- The third pillar is that of work. It relates to the professional aspect of someone’s life and concerns topics such as business, politics and economics.
- The fourth pillar is the pillar of socializing. It includes topics that has to do with connecting with people. From discovering cultures to learning history.
Any activity can fall into at least one of these 4 pillars. I encourage you to think of anything you did yesterday or any other day. Or think of something you would like to do. Then see that you can place this activity into at least one of the 4 pillars.
This blog is organized based on the 4 pillars.
This blog addresses each pillar of life through the viewpoint that life is all around. As a result, you can find the 4 main categories in the menu above. These labels are Be, Think, Work, Connect. Each of them represents one of the 4 pillars.
- The first category (the BE pillar) contains insights and practical knowledge on how to grow personally and spiritually. You will enjoy life more if you do not divide life between spirituality and rest of life.
- In the category of THINK, we see how to use our mind (and sometimes NOT use it) to really move forward in life. Thinking is an indispensable part of life and you can use that to enhance this life.
- Next, the pillar of WORK explains how our professions and spirituality are interconnected. It shows how you can use your work to move forward in the journey of life.
- Finally, the CONNECT pillar shows the importance of connecting with people and examines ways on enhancing your connections and life journey. Relationships and life always come together.
Each of the 4 pillars of life then breaks into 5 different topics. That is why you can find 20 distinct subjects in this blog.
All posts examine how someone can use anything to move forward in their life journey. Of course, the underlying theme in all topics is that “Life is all Around”.
This blog addresses the following 20 topics:
- Self awareness: The first and most essential step in your journey of life: establish your ground. You may know where you want to go, but before moving, you need to know where you are right now.
- Self improvement: techniques and advice to aid you in your life journey
- Spirituality: see how spirituality can help you grow in your life journey
- Mindlessness: see what mindlessness is and how to use it as a tool for growth.
- Life lessons: see how general life advice (drawn from my own experiences) can help you grow in your life journey
- Questions to ask: see how your thought process can help you grow in your life journey
- Philosophy: see how philosophy can be a tool of personal development.
- Creativity: see how creativity can help you grow in your life journey
- The Secret: learn about the Secret and how to use it for your personal development.
- Personality: see how persona building and awareness can help you grow in your life journey
- What is it for: explain why there is no such thing as separation between work and rest of life. See how work can help you grow in your journey of life.
- Entrepreneurship: Examine the interaction between business and life/spirituality. See how you can use entrepreneurship for personal development.
- Business: Examine the interaction between business and life/spirituality. See how business techniques can help you be more productive at work and at the same time improve your life journey.
- Economics: see how our economy has been functioning when it has been viewed and operated as separate from spirituality. Take a lesson to apply to your life journey.
- Politics: Take a glimpse of how politics operate when it is viewed as separate from spirituality. Take a lesson to apply to your life journey.
- Connect with people: explain why there is no such thing as separation between connecting with people and rest of life. Also see how connecting with people can help you grow in your life journey.
- Discover cultures: see how learning about cultures can help you connect with people and become a better person.
- Use body language: see how understanding body language can help you connect with people and grow in your life journey.
- Use psychology: see how using psychology can improve your connections with people and improve your life journey.
- Learn history: see how acquiring history knowledge can help you connect with people and grow in your life journey.
Do you have a topic in mind that you would like me to address soon? Let me know in the comments or email me at [email protected].
In any case, stay tuned and remember: Life is All Around.
PS. Wanna learn 3 quick ways to make the most of every moment? Claim the FREE interactive eBook or sign up directly for the newsletter and receive the eBook!