How many people have you met from abroad? How often do you see different lifestyles on TV or the internet? The answers may surprise you. How many countries have you visited or simply read about? Our exposure to different cultures is huge nowadays. And it is getting bigger with globalization.
Still, people are oblivious to different norms and traditions. Many expect others to accept and assimilate their own “superior” culture. This is a sure way to exclude people and dump their relationships.
This is why I decided to address the topic of Culture in the CONNECT pillar. Apart from helping people connect with each other, the discussions here offer insights to aid someone in their life journey.
The subjects I plan to cover are: (in no specific order)
- The 4 most prominent cultures
- The 3 most influential cultures
- Western vs Eastern culture: logic vs sense
- USA vs Europe: the pragmatics and the realists
- North Europe vs South Europe: work vs fun
- How to deal with bias
- Chinese vs American culture
- Choosing a culture
- Development of cultures
- Weird traditions
- Common Biases & Misconceptions
- Challenges in multinational environments
- “Don’t touch” cultures
You can read a new article every 4 weeks. I will upload a new post every first Sunday of the month (10 am UTC) on a different category each time.
Stay tuned and remember: Life is all around. Cultures are full of it.