There are many ways we can achieve what we wish. One not-so-well-known method of getting what you want has to do with affirmations. This article talks about the mechanics of affirmations and how you can use them to improve your life.
Why do affirmations work?
We all have a story that we keep telling about ourselves. Depending on how we grow up and all the things we have gone through, we become who we are. In other words, our past has led us to our present selves. Similarly, our actions now can shape our future selves.
Fortunately, we have the freedom to choose. We can select to continue doing the things we do now. Or, we can choose to take the necessary steps to improve our future. If we like the latter, affirmations, affirmations can be particularly useful.
If you are wondering, affirmations are statements we use to attract things in our lives. They are an indispensable part of the Law. To be specific, affirmations can help us complete step two of three: act as if our desire has come true.
What makes an affirmation?
Not every phrase is an affirmation. There are principally three things that turn a sentence into an affirmation:
- You use positive words. In other words, the sentence does not include any negation. “I am not sad” is not an affirmation. However, “I am joyful” is an affirmation.
- You use words that help you clearly visualize what you want. In other words, you keep it simple, with one or two verbs in the sentence.
- You use words that entice a positive feeling within you. This feeling could be love, joy, or compassion. After all, the more emotion you put into an affirmation, the stronger it can be.
In sum, if the words you use are definite, clear, and bring positive emotions, then this sentence is an affirmation.
How to create your own affirmations?
To put this practice into effect, you can create your own affirmations. To have the best possible results, you can try to answer three fundamental questions:
- First, ask: “How do you want your life to look in every area or sector?”
- Second, clarify your motives by asking: “Why do you want what you want?”
- Third, ask: “What are you committed to doing to get your life to the next level?”
Answering these three questions can help you create a list of powerful and meaningful affirmations. Just remember to revisit the list at least once per day. Ideally, you can find a space to read it aloud. It can help immensely.
- Affirmations are statements we use to attract things in our lives.
- If the words you use are definite, clear, and bring positive emotions, then this sentence is an affirmation.
- Remember to create and revisit your affirmation list at least once per day. Ideally, you can find a space to read it aloud.